With the fork of the blockchain in recent months and the split of the bloggers on the steem network, many of us organizers of small or large projects had to ask themselves which of the two sides to choose to continue their path.
Two months ago I started the 22nd edition of my contest, known as PhotoChain. For the uninitiated, PhotoChain is a weekly photography contest referred to as a challenge, because its performance includes not only a weekly prize but also a percentage of the prize derived from the block.
The operation is not the simplest, but I invite you to take a look at who of you want to try this competition. I will publish all the explanations already present on the Steem network after these first lines of the post.
With the move to the Hive Blockchain, I have to point out some changes:
1) The prize will go back to being exclusively in SBI Share, this time through sponsorships using the HIVE Token instead of STEEM. Each of the 2 weekly winners will be entitled to 1 SBI Share;
2) I will shortly publish the result of the last edition both on Steemit and on Hive, but the prize of the last edition will still be awarded in steem, according to the criteria preceding the passage on Hive;
3) The next block will also be published on both Steemit and Hive. From that moment, every edition, every block, every communication regarding the PhotoChain project will be made exclusively on Hive.
I thank you and apologize for being absent for so long. Everything is fine but I have kept my attention high on the constant changes that have occurred in my country due to the coronavirus pandemic. I hope to see many of you participate and that this situation of rift and uncertainty that still some bloggers maintain can be resolved soon. Now, space for explanations.
Some Loyal Participants maybe - I hope ;) - interested @qwerrie @melinda010100 @barbara-orenya @adinapoli @nelinoeva @isabelpena @iamraincrystal @bambuka @trincowski @mauriciozoch @bucipuci @gingbabida @centenojesus @luigi-the-gnome @eii @dronegraphica @lifeskills-tv @whatisnew @redheadpei @wakeupkitty @libertycrypto27 @paradigm42 @daysiselena @calisay @viking-ventures @dkkarolien @tijntje @wongbraling @sonius94 @iampolite
While I was thinking about how to build this contest, I said to myself: since we are on a blockchain, why not create a contest that is an analogy to the functioning of the blockchain itself? So, I decided to create the PhotoChain Contest, a contest where every photo must be linked to the photo of previous editions.
This is a photography contest on the Hive blockchain. This contest will take place weekly. This contest will reward 2 winners every week.
Total weekly prize: 2 SBI share = 1 SBI share for each of the two winners. Every week, I will choose 2 photos from submitting in the comments section and I'll mention them in the Official PhotoChain Post as the weekly winners. Each of the photo authors will receive 1 SBI. SBI is an abbreviation of SteemBasicIncome, a social experiment on the Steem and Hive blockchain. If you need more info, go to the SteemBasicIncome official account and the SBI FAQ Page.
The prize money described here will be the initial prize. Should the project take off there could be additional additions that I reserve the right to make.
In the editions post, I'll post a simple photo mentioning 2 subjects/objects that will appear in the photo. The participants will have 7 days (from the start to the Post Payout Time) to submit their own photo. You will have to post a photo in the comment section but the photo will have to contain the 2 objects/subjects that I mentioned the previous week. No more than 1 photo per author will be accepted. With the photo, the author will have to comment with 3 objects/subjects that appear in their own photo but the first 2 objects/subjects will have to be the same of the previous week. When the week will end, I'll choose the 2 photos that will have impressed me more. Here the Blockchain-like functioning: the third objects/subjects mentioned from the 2 winners will become the two Key-Subjects of the next week and the participants will have to post only photos that will contain the 2 subjects. At this point, the cycle will start again and the new participants' will have to post the photo mentioning the 2 Key-Subjects (that will have to appear in the photo) and one different another (that will have to appear in the photo). The third object/subject of the photos that I will choose as the winners will be the Key-Subject of the following week.
The only exception in which I will be able to change the Key-Subject will be when improbable or highly risky combinations will jeopardize for good participation (for example, a spaceship with wild boar)
For the Zero Edition, I choose Sky and Vegetation as Key-Subjects. The participants comment with their work and the objects/subjects word. The weekly contest finish and I choose the 2 winners.
The first winner, Gennarino, has posted this:
Sky - Vegetation - Train
The second winner, Ambrogetto, has posted this:
Sky - Vegetation - Flower
I write an announcement post for the new weekly edition and the words Train and Flower will be the new Key-Subjects: every photo submit in the week must contain both train (or simple part of it), flower (or simple part of it) and another object/subject at own choice.
Then I repeat the entire procedure: so, every weekly contest remains connected to the result of the previous competition.
1) SUBMIT IN THE COMMENT SECTION:
- The photo that contains the two Key-Subjects;
- A Comment with the two Key-Subjects + another subject of your choice contained in the photo. (If you posted the image in your blog, you can post the link to that page, but you must add your photo anyway in the comment)
2) ONLY IF YOU WANT: mention another person you think would like this challenge.
3) NO FOLLOW, UPVOTE, RESTEEM REQUIRED.
4) WAIT FOR THE NEXT WEEK:
- NO PLAGIARISM!
- No SPAM!
- The duration of the contest: 7 days, from the start announcement post to the Post Payout Time.
- Editing is allowed.
- Every Color Cover is allowed, including Black and White.
- Every Theme is allowed: no censorship except for extremely explicit content. The nsfw contents are allowed but I will not utilize the nsfw tag for the PhotoChain Post: so, if I choose a nsfw photo as a winner, I will not insert it as an image in the official post (only as a mention or a link to the original post)
- IMPORTANT: I invited the participants to use fairly large categories as subjects so as not to sabotage participation. You haven't to use proper names (of cities, places, mountains, species, etc)
Don't utilize the subject snow bear but only animals; naturally I will give more importance to the photo of an animal that is not often photographed compared to a simple domestic cat.
REMEMBER! The more general the category used as a subject, the greater the participation in the competition, the greater the prizes and the fun in the future.
- Finally, I'll advance with the prizes awarding 2 days approx after the finish of the weekly challenge. I'll write the transaction ID in the winners' announcements post.
TIME TO JOIN!
Now it's your turn.